As a strategic partner to many of the world’s leading health, academic, engineering, and bioscience institutions and organizations, Taylor & Ryan, LLC provides a full range of immigration legal services to employers of all sizes. Our clients rely on us to ask questions, listen, and craft the overall strategy that will help achieve the organization’s overall business objectives.
We understand that immigration matters are typically only one portion of our clients’ workload. Our deep experience, extensive case knowledge, and careful attention to legal requirements in immigration law mean you are in good hands. Taylor & Ryan leads the way in providing our clients with cutting-edge, fully integrated case management through a licensed web-based application, Blue Dot. This empowers us to provide our clients with timely updates and efficient case processing, all with the assurance that highly sensitive data is safeguarded from interception or unauthorized use.
The firm is a certified Minority Business Enterprise in the State of Maryland (MBE # 10-722), due to Taylor & Ryan’s 100% ownership by women.
We implement best practices, procedures and policies to align organizational goals with the growing international workforce in this complex and highly regulated area of law, including:
- Assisting employers with all compliance issues, including conducting audits of I-9 files.
- Working with multi-national employers to choose the best avenue to transfer employees to the U.S. as well as assisting U.S. employers seeking to hire foreign nationals.
- Guiding employers through preparing and filing documentation necessary to obtain proper nonimmigrant visas or status for business personnel.
- Assisting individuals in obtaining temporary visas, including business visitor visas. The employment visa categories we use most frequently are the H-1B (Temporary Worker categories), L-1 (Intracompany Transferee),O-1 (Alien of Extraordinary Ability), and J-1 (Exchange Visitor).
- We work with organizations on obtaining P visas (athletes, entertainment groups, or individual artists) and setting up an international cultural exchange programs to sponsor Q visas.
- We represent investors, both large and small, in registering for Treaty/Trader status and in obtaining E visas for key employees.
Although we work with employers across a broad spectrum of industries, the following types of organizations are prominent amongst our clients:
Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations
We are proud to count some of the nation’s most prestigious hospitals and health care organizations amongst our clients. We assist them in obtaining visas for experienced physicians as well as residents, nurses (including H-1Bs for advanced practice or specialized nurses), clinical laboratory technologists, physical therapists, pharmacists, as well as a myriad of other positions common in hospitals.
Universities and Colleges
We represent many universities in obtaining both temporary work authorization and permanent residence for their faculty members. We have extensive experience working in the outstanding professor/researcher classification as well as with permanent residence for teachers based on special handling labor certifications. We provide all manner of advice to international student and scholar advisors. We set up exchange visitor programs (J-1 programs) for short-term scholar exchanges as well as professors, researcher scholars, specialists, and students. We frequently provide on-campus seminars for students to assure their familiarity with the immigration options available to them. Universities also refer researchers to us for individual representation in permanent residences cases based on extraordinary or exceptional ability or work in the national interest.
We have substantial experience in assisting multi-national companies in moving key personnel around the globe. While our practice is limited to U.S. immigration, we assist our clients in obtaining counsel in other countries. We regularly assist in transferring managers to the U.S. for temporary assignment or permanent relocation. Many times employers require assistance with transferring personnel possessing specialized knowledge of products or procedures to the U.S. to ensure successful transfer of product lines or to provide essential training to U.S. workers.