MEET THE | TEAM
Frances O’Connell Taylor
Ms. Taylor is a citizen of both the United States and Ireland. She has been an immigration lawyer for over twenty-five years and has worked with large and small employers as well as families. As her first immigration case was for her husband, she understands just how important each and every immigration case is to the individuals involved. She has worked with many employers and individuals in the U.S. and overseas to solve their immigration problems and achieve their immigration objectives.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Ms. Taylor has been honored continuously by her peers as one of America’s “Best Lawyers” in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White, Inc., since 2006.
- Ms. Taylor is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and she was AILA Chapter Liaison to the MSBA (2011 – 2012). She was a member of AILA’S DLLR Liaison (1998 – 1999; 2001 – 2005) and its DOL Liaison (1999 – 2000). She has also served as Liaison to the Maryland DMV (2010 to 2011; 2015 – present), ensuring that the state officials are aware of the immigration rules affecting applicants. Ms. Taylor’s efforts in 2010 led to the State’s decision to issue licenses to applicants who had filed an extension of stay request with US CIS.
- Ms. Taylor is also a Member of the MSBA Immigration Section (2008 to present) and the Section Council (2010 to 2011). Ms. Taylor serves as a Member of the MSBA Peer Review Committee (2014 – present).
- Ms. Taylor is also active in community affairs, having been a member of the Board of Directors of Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake since 1996; she served as Board Chair from 2009 through 2012, and participates in a number of Board committees such as the Human Resources Committee, Development Committee, and the Mission Evaluation Committee.
Mary E. Ryan
Ms. Ryan has been an immigration lawyer for nearly twenty-five years. She has successfully represented employers across the U.S. to obtain nonimmigrant status and permanent resident status for key employees. Her passion for immigration law was sparked by her first cases for scientists seeking permanent residence in the U.S. She has assisted countless scientists in obtaining permanent residence based on her argument that their work was in the national interest or that they possess extraordinary abilities in their field. She also focuses on working with international medical physicians to bring them to medically underserved areas in the U.S.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Ms. Ryan has been honored continuously by her peers as one of America’s “Best Lawyers” in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Ms. Ryan was President of the Washington-Baltimore Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) 1999-2000 and served on the Board of Governors of AILA National.
- She has also served as liaison between AILA and the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Ms. Ryan was also the Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s Healthcare Committee, 2015 -2016.
When not working, Ms. Ryan can be found kayaking on the Chesapeake Bay, the Finger Lakes, or the Gulf of Mexico.
Ms. Goel is an attorney dedicated to helping you navigate the immigration system. She has filed complex family and employment-based petitions, litigated in the immigration courts, and represented clients throughout the naturalization process. Prior to joining Taylor & Ryan, she was an associate with a small immigration practice in the DC metropolitan area and a student attorney in the Immigrant Justice Clinic at American University (Washington College of Law). Ms. Goel is fluent in spoken Hindi. She is a frequent contributor and speaker at immigration conferences.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- AILA National, Military Assistance Program (MAP) Committee, Member, 2013-Present
- Board Member & Chair of Diversity, Immigration Law Section of the Federal Bar Association, 2014-present
- AILA DC Chapter, Conference Committee, Member, 2015-Present
- AILA DC Chapter, DC/VA CIS Field Office Liaison Committee, Vice-Chair, 2014-2015
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2012-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2012-Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), DC Chapter, Member 2012-Present
Brian S. Green
Mr. Green has been an immigration lawyer for more than 10 years. Before devoting his practice to immigration law, he practiced as a litigator in civil and criminal matters. He has represented employers and institutions across the U.S. in investigations by federal agencies relating to I-9s as well as to other compliance issues concerning the employment of non-U.S. citizens. He has successfully challenged decisions by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service to deny H-1B and H4 status, permanent resident status, and applications for U.S. citizenship. His peers in the immigration bar have described him as “tenacious,” and he is dedicated to bringing the best and the brightest to the U.S.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Mr. Green is a frequent volunteer with the Washington-Baltimore Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and has served the national and local organizations in several positions. He has most recently served as liaison between AILA and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection service.
- Mr. Green served on the Board of Trustees for the Episcopal Refugee and Immigrant Center Alliance (ERICA) in Baltimore.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Mr. Green is frequently invited to speak on immigration and immigration compliance matters by institutions, businesses, human resource organizations, and immigration lawyers.
- He is the author of “DOL Wage and Hour Investigations: The Who, Why, and How-To” for AILA’s 2013 Annual Conference Handbook. He is also co-author of “Immigration Action: The Civil Litigation Side of Employing Foreign Nationals,” published by the American Bar Association’s Journal of Labor & Employment Law, 30 ABA J. Lab. & Emp. L. 205 (Winter 2015).
Charlene Fitzgerald manages the day-to-day operations of the firm and works closely with Taylor & Ryan’s staff and clients on a wide range of matters. One of her greatest joys is working with clients to get permission for family members to come to or stay in the United States. She prepares filings, reviews documents to find those that are helpful and necessary, and strives to make the highly complex immigration process as easy and seamless as possible for all involved. She earned an Associate’s degree in Secretarial Sciences from LaGuardia Community College, and was a secretary for over 25 years – with more than 16 of those years in the field of immigration.
Judy has 25 years of experience working as a paralegal in the field of immigration law. She has been with Taylor & Ryan since 2008 and specializes primarily in business and family immigration law matters. Judy has a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish from Thiel College and previously studied and lived in Mexico. In her spare time, she works to rescue and re-home Cocker Spaniels and enjoys cooking, swimming, and spending time with family and friends. Judy presently lives in Pennsylvania where she is a certified teacher of Spanish.
Tara Ostrowski joined the Taylor & Ryan team in November 2011. Before coming to Taylor & Ryan, Tara was a paralegal clerk with the Business Immigration Department of a large firm in Northern Virginia. Tara became interested in immigration law through interning with a refugee resettlement agency as a student at the University of Virginia, a passion that grew through a post-grad legislative internship with a nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C. A lifelong baseball fan, she recalls her first game at Camden Yards with fondness and looks forward to supporting her team, the Orioles, at as many home games as possible this coming season. She loves to read, bowl, spend time outside, and has discerning taste when it comes to bagels.
Originally from Mount Airy, MD, Katie graduated from Bridgewater College in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. During her time at Bridgewater, Katie travelled to Costa Rica, Germany, Austria, and Florida’s Everglades. She was the first student to graduate from Bridgewater College with an interdisciplinary concentration in American Studies, and through this program, first realized her passion for the American justice system. Upon graduation, she followed this interest and enrolled in a Professional Paralegal Certification program at Frederick Community College. While enrolled in the paralegal program, she was selected for a full-time internship with the Calvert County District Court for the summer of 2015. After completing the internship, Katie accepted a position with Taylor-Ryan as a Paralegal. Katie now attends the University of Baltimore’s Legal and Ethical Studies program. Katie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, and traveling abroad. She is also returning to an old love, i.e., playing the piano.
Frank joined Taylor & Ryan in September of 2015 after working in the legal field for several years, most recently in Arizona. Originally from Long Island, New York, Frank graduated with honors from SUNY Cortland in 2010 with a degree in Sociology and Criminology. Frank enjoys assisting clients to establish and maintain legal status particularly because he has seen how their work in the United States will have a lasting positive impact on the nation. Although Frank has lived in several places over the last few years, he has never waivered in his devotion for and dedication to his New York Yankees, Giants, and Knicks.