MEET THE | TEAM
Frances O’Connell Taylor
Ms. Taylor is a citizen of both the United States and Ireland. She has been an immigration lawyer for over twenty-five years and has worked with large and small employers as well as families. As her first immigration case was for her husband, she understands just how important each and every immigration case is to the individuals involved. She has worked with many employers and individuals in the U.S. and overseas to solve their immigration problems and achieve their immigration objectives.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Ms. Taylor has been honored continuously by her peers as one of America’s “Best Lawyers” in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White, Inc., since 2006.
- Ms. Taylor is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and she was AILA Chapter Liaison to the MSBA (2011 – 2012). She was a member of AILA’S DLLR Liaison (1998 – 1999; 2001 – 2005) and its DOL Liaison (1999 – 2000). She has also served as Liaison to the Maryland DMV (2010 to 2011; 2015 – present), ensuring that the state officials are aware of the immigration rules affecting applicants. Ms. Taylor’s efforts in 2010 led to the State’s decision to issue licenses to applicants who had filed an extension of stay request with US CIS.
- Ms. Taylor is also a Member of the MSBA Immigration Section (2008 to present) and the Section Council (2010 to 2011). Ms. Taylor serves as a Member of the MSBA Peer Review Committee (2014 – present).
- Ms. Taylor is also active in community affairs, having been a member of the Board of Directors of Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake since 1996; she served as Board Chair from 2009 through 2012, and participates in a number of Board committees such as the Human Resources Committee, Development Committee, and the Mission Evaluation Committee.
Mary E. Ryan
Ms. Ryan has been an immigration lawyer for nearly twenty-five years. She has successfully represented employers across the U.S. to obtain nonimmigrant status and permanent resident status for key employees. Her passion for immigration law was sparked by her first cases for scientists seeking permanent residence in the U.S. She has assisted countless scientists in obtaining permanent residence based on her argument that their work was in the national interest or that they possess extraordinary abilities in their field. She also focuses on working with international medical physicians to bring them to medically underserved areas in the U.S.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Ms. Ryan has been honored continuously by her peers as one of America’s “Best Lawyers” in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Ms. Ryan was President of the Washington-Baltimore Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) 1999-2000 and served on the Board of Governors of AILA National.
- She has also served as liaison between AILA and the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Ms. Ryan was also the Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s Healthcare Committee, 2015 -2016.
When not working, Ms. Ryan can be found kayaking on the Chesapeake Bay, the Finger Lakes, or the Gulf of Mexico.
Ms. Goel is an attorney dedicated to helping you navigate the immigration system. She has filed complex family and employment-based petitions, litigated in the immigration courts, and represented clients throughout the naturalization process. Prior to joining Taylor & Ryan, she was an associate with a small immigration practice in the DC metropolitan area and a student attorney in the Immigrant Justice Clinic at American University (Washington College of Law). Ms. Goel is fluent in spoken Hindi. She is a frequent contributor and speaker at immigration conferences.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- AILA National, Military Assistance Program (MAP) Committee, Member, 2013-Present
- Board Member & Chair of Diversity, Immigration Law Section of the Federal Bar Association, 2014-present
- AILA DC Chapter, Conference Committee, Member, 2015-Present
- AILA DC Chapter, DC/VA CIS Field Office Liaison Committee, Vice-Chair, 2014-2015
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2012-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2012-Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), DC Chapter, Member 2012-Present
Charlene Fitzgerald manages the day-to-day operations of the firm and works closely with Taylor & Ryan’s staff and clients on a wide range of matters. One of her greatest joys is working with clients to get permission for family members to come to or stay in the United States. She prepares filings, reviews documents to find those that are helpful and necessary, and strives to make the highly complex immigration process as easy and seamless as possible for all involved. She earned an Associate’s degree in Secretarial Sciences from LaGuardia Community College, and was a secretary for over 25 years – with more than 16 of those years in the field of immigration.
Judy has been working in the field of immigration law since 1984. With Taylor & Ryan since 2008, she specializes primarily in business and family immigration law matters. Judy has a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish from Thiel College and previously studied and lived in Mexico. In her spare time, she is active with cocker spaniel rescue and enjoys cooking, swimming, and spending time with family and friends.
Tara Ostrowski has worked at Taylor & Ryan since November 2011. As a student at the University of Virginia, Tara became interested in immigration law through interning with a refugee resettlement agency. After graduating, she continued to pursue this interest through a legislative internship with an immigration non-profit organization in Washington, DC. Prior to joining Taylor & Ryan, Tara was a Paralegal Clerk with the Business Immigration department of a law office in Northern Virginia.
Originally from Mount Airy, MD, Katie completed her Master’s Degree in Legal and Ethical Studies from the University of Baltimore in the spring of 2019. Prior to earning her Master’s Degree, Katie graduated from Bridgewater College in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. During her time at Bridgewater, Katie travelled to Costa Rica, Germany, Austria, and Florida’s Everglades. She was the first student to graduate from Bridgewater College with an interdisciplinary concentration in American Studies, and through this program, first realized her passion for the American justice system. Upon graduation, she followed this interest and enrolled in a Professional Paralegal Certification program at Frederick Community College. While enrolled in the paralegal program, she was selected for a full-time internship with the Calvert County District Court for the summer of 2015. After completing the internship, Katie accepted a position with Taylor-Ryan as a Paralegal. Katie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, and traveling abroad. She is also returning to an old love, i.e., playing the piano.
After living and studying in Germany and Egypt for his Master’s program in Comparative Middle Eastern Politics, Keegan returned home to Baltimore inspired to help other’s coming to live in the United States, just as those who helped him in his travels. Prior to joining Taylor & Ryan at the start of 2019, he completed an internship with the International Rescue Committee as a resettlement caseworker for refugees and asylees in the Baltimore-Metro area. Keegan obtained his Bachelor’s Degree from McDaniel College in 2016 with a double major in Political Science and Arabic Language, and was a peer-mentor for international students during his senior year. Outside of work he enjoys traveling abroad, learning languages (he speaks German and Arabic), and playing the piano.