Taylor & Ryan, LLC, successfully defended a corporate client in a Department of Labor investigation securing a settlement that saved the company hundreds of thousands of dollars and a potential ban against using the H-1B program.
Taylor & Ryan, LLC has successfully guided numerous leading scientists and other professionals working in a wide array of disciplines through the process of obtaining temporary and permanent U.S. immigration status based on their work in the United States.
- A surgical oncologist secures an expedited path to U.S. permanent residency through approval of a National Interest Waiver immigrant petition, allowing him to continue his groundbreaking research in cerebrovascular disease.
- An experimental psychologist obtains approval of a National Interest Waiver immigrant petition based on her demonstrated impact on the field of medical research related to chronic pain management.
- A biochemist conducting research in human digestive system disorders obtains approval of a National Interest Waiver petition to continue her research at a leading medical institution.
- An environmental research laboratory obtains approval of an Outstanding Researcher immigrant petition for an expert in sea grass ecosystems to continue research funded by the National Science Foundation.
- A marine biologist successfully obtains U.S. permanent residency based on his demonstrated extraordinary ability in tracking and facilitating blue crab reproduction – an issue of prime importance for the fishery economies and the environmental sustainability of the Chesapeake Bay.
- A biology professor and botany expert successfully demonstrates international acclaim for his research and publications regarding the taxonomy of a major North American plant family qualifying as an Outstanding Professor.
- A public university successfully files for Outstanding Researcher statue on behalf of a professor studying human-computer interaction and universally accessible technologies.
- A major public-private partnership for funding high tech startups and technology transfer successfully obtains employment-authorized status based on Extraordinary Ability for a grant administrator whose work is vital to regional and national medical technology research efforts.
- A pediatric neuroradiologist wins approval of permanent residence based on an outstanding researcher petition.
- A scientist working on the Hubble Telescope is approved to immigrate based on a national interest petition.
- A cardiac research fellow receives permanent residence based on his groundbreaking cardiac stem cell research.